MD5 Dictionary Attack

Posted by ghimau under
Today I've coded a tiny utility that recovers md5 hashes. Not a fancy program, but i need to put my hands on perl sometimes, right? :)
Hmm.. the program is based on dictionary attack technique. I really hate brute force attack since it is time and cpu consuming. Damn boring! The bad thing about dictionary attack is that, it is as good as your word list. So we need to update our wordlist a lot, huh.
I've coded this program in perl, and is available here. (Sure you'll need a perl interpreter installed to run perl programs :)

Ok, some screenshots :)
The usage of this program is simple, just type the file name [space] and put your md5 hash. Press [enter] to start the 'attack'.

As you can see after a while (hihihi, aunty virus now how 'long' it is), it will show you the result

I've added some function, so that the script will count the number of lines in the dictionary file.

If you input the wrong hash (I mean less or more than 32 characters, since md5 hashes are 32 characters in length), you'll got error message

The most important part in this program is the word list (dictionary file). I've set the program to looks for kamus.txt, and the file must reside the same directory as md5.pl is. Be sure to create the kamus.txt and put some passwords in it

If you add more lines, the program will count all the new lines, giving you the number og how many password list you have.


Feel free to use this program (always want to say that :). You can modify it to make it works better. Any suggestion just drop me an email.

13 comments:

On 4 December 2007 at 14:22 , viruspadu said...

ngeh ngeh
oh akak ada semasa ko membuat code itu... walaupun aku cuba pura2 utk mencari error yg languange nyer akak sendiri x berapa nak paham hihkhihkhihk...

sila kagum yer...

 
On 4 December 2007 at 14:33 , ghimau said...

caya lah kak

 
On 5 December 2007 at 18:18 , فيصل said...

aku pun berfikir tentang dictionary attack ke system..
jadi aku pun tambahla string lain apabila orang reg password
MD5(pass.'AwaNy4n9c4nt1k')
walaupun die guna password 123..
ia akan jadi 123AwaNy4n9c4nt1k
mungkin bleh crack.. tapi amik masa.. itu aje slolution aku nak cegah dictionary attack

 
On 10 December 2007 at 08:39 , ghimau said...

bagus gak teknik tu.. adding salt

 
On 20 February 2009 at 09:30 , Anonymous said...

It's very hard to me for try it...

 
On 20 February 2009 at 09:31 , Anonymous said...

I don't know what the mean of this article...

 
On 20 February 2009 at 09:32 , Anonymous said...

This attack is very dangerous...

 
On 23 April 2009 at 09:09 , Anonymous said...

You know ,I have some 9Dragons gold, and my friend also has some
9 Dragons gold,do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called
9Dragons money,I just want to
buy 9 Dragons gold, because there are many
cheap 9Dragons gold.
You know ,I have some Anarchy credits, and my friend also has some Anarchy Online credits, do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called
Anarchy gold,I just want to
buy AO credits, because there are many cheap
Anarchy online gold

 
On 5 May 2009 at 14:47 , Anonymous said...

Do you know 2moons dil? I like it. My brother often go to the internet bar to buy 2moons gold and play it. After school, He likes playing games using these 2moon dil with his friend. I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many buy 2moons dil and play the game with me. I came to the bar following him and found cheap 2moons gold was so cheap.

 
On 6 May 2009 at 08:21 , Anonymous said...

Do you want to know the magic of online games, and here you can get more aoc gold. Do you want to have a try? Come on and conan gold can make you happy. You can change a lot age of conan gold for play games. And you will enjoy yourself at the same time. Playing online games can make much cheap aoc gold. Come and have a try. You will feel a different feeling. And you can aoc money do what you want to do in the online game.

 
On 2 August 2009 at 19:17 , Anonymous said...

Poker online with sign up poker account for free promotion.
free poker money no deposit needed and no id verify req
Second site have similar instant poker bankroll offer for new poker player's.
Poker bonus information, no deposit bankrolls from bet poker blog. Really nice blog.

 
On 23 August 2009 at 14:13 , Wow Gold said...

WOW GOLD, nice blog. its worth reading. I liked it very much

 
On 23 August 2009 at 14:23 , Wow Gold said...

WOW GOLD, nice blog. its worth reading. I liked it very much